Energy Markets Regulation
- Technical Regulatory (Access to the regional network, technical regulation, including safety
- Economic Regulation (Wheeling tariffs, Energy market rules, regional trade monitoring and surveillance, regional infrastructure investments
- Legal, Regulatory Functions (Harmonisation, enforcement powers, dispute resolution)
Wholesale Electricity Markets
- Long term supply and demand balance in power markets, Designing wholesale physical electricity markets and system operation, renewable energy integration and reliability operation, Capacity and Ancillary Services Markets.
- Power Trading; power derivatives, capacity market, Financial Transmission Right power trading platforms, Energy Markets Hedging, Basis swaps.
Transmission and system administration
- Opportunities for FACTS into the transmission networks; HVDC shunt, series and combined connections, conventional overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems
- Power flow in an A.C. system, parallel paths and meshed systems.
- Limitations of loading capability.
- Power flow and dynamic stability of transmission interconnection.
- Smart grids; smart grid network, microgrid system, Super grids, Power transformers, Circuit breakers, Protection relays and switchgear
- Sensing and Measurements (Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Integrated Communications (real-time data handling)
- Improved decision-support technology (IDST)- Grid visualisation
Specific Power pooling certification
- Simulation Training
- Flow gate Mitigation
- Interconnection Process
- Partial System Restoration Drills
- Load Shed/EEA
- Voltage Control Simulation
- Minimum Generation Issues
- Generation Resource trips out of the Market and the implications
Oil and Gas
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- Oil and Gas Storage
- Monitoring of pipelines and storage tanks
- Reservoir characteristics modelling
- Seismic acquisition and processing
- Drilling technology
- Wellsite operations
- Project management
- Financial modelling and Petroleum Project economics
- Gas Monetization
- Gas Supply chains and market power
- Gas price formation
- Contract negotiation